As fun as the home buying process is, it can also feel overwhelming—even for the experienced buyer. Don’t you wish you had a simple house hunting checklist to guide you through the entire experience?
A home buying checklist is a list of important details to keep in mind when you’re hunting for a new home. The first home checklist helps you compare the properties you’re looking at so you don’t miss a single thing when the time comes to make the big decision.
Referencing a home buying checklist while you house hunt can help you stay true to your wants, needs, and expectations when it comes to house hunting. Ultimately, it’ll help you submit an offer on your dream home!
So, where do you start? We’ll tell you everything you need to know from the ground up.
Opelika: A Great Place to Call Home
With a growth rate of over 4.56% since 2020, it’s no secret that more and more people are discovering new homes in Opelika, AL—and there’s a reason! When you aren’t perusing baubles and wares in the vibrant downtown shopping district, explore the many ways to stay active in Opelika, or enjoy a visual and literal feast at the multiple restaurants and farmers markets in Opelika, all conveniently located around the corner from new homes in Opelika. No matter where you wander, the town is tucked away in a forest of beautiful parks and scenic bike trails—you’re guaranteed to step into a canvas of natural greens and florals. Plus all of the excitement of Auburn, AL, a popular college town, is just minutes away!
Who wouldn’t want to call this little oasis home? If you’re looking for new homes in Opelika, AL, explore our new-build community, The Woods. Not only is our peaceful retreat minutes away from both historic Main Street attractions and lively Auburn, AL, but our single-family floor plans and intimate neighborhood setting offer the perfect amount of space for comfort and style. Are you ready to experience the best of small-town charm?
An Opelika Overview
Key things to consider when exploring Opelika and the surrounding area
It is perfectly normal to feel confused or overwhelmed when researching new homes. In Opelika, there are plenty of factors to consider during a visit, like attractions, parks, restaurants, shopping, and schools. It’s so fun, you’ll start planning your next visit before you’ve even left. Or maybe, you’ll even choose to stay awhile! Let’s explore all of the exciting opportunities, just down the road from our new homes for sale in Opelika, AL.
Source: Auburn Opelika Tourism
In a town as storied as Opelika, AL, one thing is certain: This historic gem is chock-full of enriching attractions that are a perfect way to get to know the community. Find a fun thing to do on a rainy day, or take family and friends out for a visit. From events to establishments, there’s always something entertaining to do near new homes in Opelika, AL.
- The Opelika Center for the Performing Arts: Do you love the arts? This establishment has hosted over twenty international orchestras, Broadway productions, and other fine arts performances.
- The Southeastern Raptor Center: Ornithology enthusiasts will have a field day here. This center is home to a variety of birds of prey, including hawks, owls, and eagles. Visitors can learn about these birds and see them up close.
- The Opelika Farmers Market: Support local vendors, and enjoy delicious food while you’re at it. This market is open on Saturdays and features a variety of local produce, meats, and other products.
The Tiger Town Arts Center: Can’t decide on what you want to do? Go somewhere that has it all! This center hosts a variety of art exhibits, classes, and performances. Speaking of performances, the Opelika Songwriters Festival is an annual event you can’t miss!
Source: Auburn University
Opelika, AL is known for its vast and varied green spaces. It’s practically a nature lover’s paradise! Whether you prefer flat or hilly terrain, there are plenty of opportunities to explore Alabama’s natural scenes and historic gems in this highly bikeable and walkable town. Explore solo, invite a group, or let your furry friend tag along in the great outdoors, easily accessible near new homes in Opelika.
- The Opelika Dog Park: Do you have a canine companion? This park is a great place for dogs to run and play off-leash. There are also several open play fields nearby, perfect for a day full of active fun.
- The Donald E. Davis Arboretum: This arboretum is home to a variety of trees and plants from around the world, and it serves as a botanical garden that protects the native plants and habitats of Alabama. Not only does the arboretum encourage you to walk through the garden and explore, but the facility also offers exciting events year-round.
- The Opelika Sportsplex: This complex has a wide selection of athletic facilities, including a pool, golf course, tennis courts, a pickleball facility, and a track. Interested? Residents of new homes in Opelika get a special member discount!
The Wood Duck Nature Preserve: If you’re looking for some peace and quiet, this park is a great place for hiking, biking, or walking. In addition to a large population of wood ducks, you may even catch sight of a bald eagle!
Source: Auburn Opelika Tourism
One of the best parts about exploring any new area is getting acquainted with the local cuisine. And luckily, many new homes in Opelika are just around the corner from the best restaurants in Opelika! If you’re looking for something a little more casual, be sure to explore the Opelika food truck scene. No matter where your cravings take you, you can’t go wrong at any restaurant near new homes in Opelika. Go ahead and try some of them out. Your taste buds will thank you later.
- El Rodeo: This is a Mexican restaurant with a casual atmosphere. They serve a variety of Mexican dishes, including tacos, burritos, and enchiladas.
- Chucks BBQ: This barbecue restaurant is a family-friendly establishment. They serve a variety of barbecued meats, including ribs, brisket, and chicken.
- Butcher Paper BBQ: This is a barbecue restaurant with a casual atmosphere. They also serve a large supply of barbecued meats, including ribs, brisket, and chicken.
- Niffer’s Place: This casual Southern restaurant serves Southern dishes, like fried chicken, mac and cheese, and collard greens.
- Zazu Gastropub: This gastropub with a modern atmosphere serves yummy pub food, as well as craft beer and cocktails.
Taco Veloz: This casual Mexican restaurant offers a variety of Mexican street food, including tacos, burritos, and quesadillas.
Source: Auburn Opelika Tourism
Not only is this quaint town equipped with sights and food spots, but it also boasts a growing and thriving shopping scene, especially in the revitalized downtown Opelika area. Make a quick grocery run, or spend a few hours perusing unique wares and baubles. Whether you’re in the market for essentials or pleasure, there are plenty of stores conveniently located minutes away from new homes in Opelika.
- Tiger Town: This center has a variety of stores, including restaurants, shops, and a movie theater.
- The Tiny Closet Boutique: This women’s clothing boutique in Opelika, Alabama offers trendy and affordable fashions.
- The Steak Factory: This local spot provides a range of USDA prime steaks and other classic American dishes.
- Ollie’s Bargain Market: Looking for a bargain? Check out America’s largest retailer of closeout merchandise and excess inventory.
- Grocery Stores: Beloved grocery shops like Piggly Wiggly, ALDI, Wright’s Market, and so much more are all conveniently located nearby as well.
Source: Auburn University
When you live in a new home in Opelika, AL, you can experience all the excitement of college town life without being directly in the action. Football games, cultural and arts events, academic opportunities, and so much more are just a short commute down the highway. Not to mention, the Opelika City School System is highly rated!
- Auburn University: This public university is known for its strong academic programs and its football team. It is a leading institution in engineering, and it is part of the SEC.
- Samford University: This private university is known for its liberal arts programs and its law school. Tucked away in a forest, this beautiful university is a treat for the eyes as well as the brain.
Get Settled In at The Woods
Community: New Construction Homes in Opelika, AL
Are you ready to call this lovely town home? At The Woods, we offer single-family homes in a peaceful retreat less than half a mile from downtown Opelika. That’s right, all of these exciting Opelika community staples, activities, and more can be minutes from your front door! Our new homes for sale in Opelika, AL are popular for a reason. Here’s why.
Key features of our new construction homes in Opelika
1-2 car private garages
1 and 2 story plans
Large owner’s suite
Personalized design features
So much more!
So, there you have it. There are plenty of benefits to buying new homes in Opelika. Because of everything that comes with this incredible community, many people are flocking towards Opelika, AL real estate–especially new-build neighborhoods like The Woods. To learn how you can make this magical place your new home, explore The Woods Community and contact us today!