In all of Brock Built’s communities, children are gearing up for the back-to-school rush as many schools in the metro Atlanta area will resume within the next couple of weeks. To make sure our Atlanta new home residents are ready, we’ve compiled a list of tips for preparing your child for another successful year:
- Re-establish school routines: Use the last few days or weeks of summer to get your kids back into a school day routine. Start waking them up at the appropriate time, make them get dressed and ready, eat meals around the time when they will when school is in session and make sure they go to bed at a decent hour.
- Let kids have a say: Have your child involved in deciding their routine by allowing them to choose whether they want to play or do homework before dinner, what after school activities they want to participate in, etc. This way, when the school year starts, you’ve established a routine that everyone can agree on.
- Homework space: Make sure you’ve set a time and place for your child to work on homework each afternoon. Whether you let your kids complete their work before or after dinner, their space should be one that encourages productivity with few distractions.
- Talk to the teachers: Be sure to attend your school’s orientation session to meet other kids the same class, as well as get to know the teacher, their philosophy and plans for the school year.
- Plan ahead: It’s inevitable that at some point you’ll get a call from the school during the day saying your child is sick or that they will wake up feeling bad, so be sure to create a game plan for handling sick days.
Here’s a look at important dates and information for the schools in our communities of Atlanta homes for sale. Cobb County Schools
- School resumes Wednesday, August 7
- Kindergarten parents may ride along with their child’s school bus on a trial run on Tuesday, August 6
- Orientation dates vary by school, visit www.CobbK12.org for more information.
- Cloverhurst: Bullard Elementary, McClure Middle and Kennesaw Mountain High
- Idlewilde and Lynden Manor: Rocky Mount Elementary, Simpson Middle and Lassiter High
- The Enclave at Laura Creek: Bells Ferry Elementary, Daniell Middle and Sprayberry High
- School resumes Thursday, August 8
- Elementary school open house on Wednesday, August 7 from 9 to 11 a.m.
- Middle school open house on Tuesday, August 6 from 4 to 7 p.m.
- High school open house on Tuesday, August 6 from 9 a.m. to noon
- Manget: Park Street Elementary, Marietta Middle and Marietta High
- School resumes on Wednesday, August 7
- Elementary school open houses on Monday, August 5 from 5 to 7 p.m.
- Middle school open houses on Monday, August 5 from 3 to 5 p.m.
- High school open houses on Monday, August 5 from 1 to 3 p.m.
- Dupont Commons: Bolton Academy, Sutton Middle and North Atlanta High
- Glenaire: Burgess-Peterson Elementary, Coan Middle, Maynard H. Jackson Jr. High
- West Highlands: Westside Atlanta Charter Elementary, Harper-Archer Middle and Douglass High
Cherokee County Schools
- School resumes Monday, August 5
- Orientation times vary by school and grade level.
- Oakhurst: Little River Elementary, Mill Creek Middle, River Ridge High
We hope these tips and important dates will help you have a smooth smart to another great school year!