- Every Saturday– The Woodstock Farmers Market, presented by Cherokee Bank, is open every Saturday through Saturday, October 26 from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. Pick up your fresh goods at the Woodstock City Center parking lot, which is located at Main Street and Towne Lake Parkway.
- Through Thursday, July 25– Elm Street Cultural Arts Village presents Beauty and the Beast. Shows are at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, July 17 and July 24, and at 2 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, July 20 and 21. Tickets are $10 per person for those ages 2 and up.
- Wednesday, July 17– The Outlet Shoppes at Atlanta (Ridgewalk and Woodstock Parkways) will host their VIP Red Carpet Preview event at 6 p.m. Don’t miss the opportunity to get a first look at the newest premiere shopping destination in Atlanta, as well as get exclusive discounts totaling more than $300! Tickets are $10, and concierge tickets, which include admittance for two people plus access to the exclusive Elm Street Lounge, are $100. All proceeds will benefit The Elm Street Cultural Arts Village.
- Wednesday, July 24– The Place Bar & Grille Towne Lake (1105 Parkside Lane) is hosting their annual Christmas in July Party. Bring a new toy or your checkbook as you join DJ Santa and representatives of the US Marine Corp for a night of dining and dancing, and of course, giving to Toys for Tots.
- Saturday, July 27– Do you have talent? Showcase your stuff at Cherokee’s Got Talent, a fundraiser showcasing local talent with the chance to win $500. Doors will open at 5p.m. for refreshments and a silent auction, and the show will go on at 6 p.m. Tickets are $10 in advance, $15 at the door and kids five and under are free. Proceeds will go to the Elm Street Cultural Arts Village, Cherokee Association of REALTORS and Habitat for Humanity.
- Friday, August 2– It’s the “Summer of Love” at Friday Night Live. Break out your tie dye and headbands for a peace, love and rock and roll themed event. Many restaurants and stores on Main Street will stay open late from 6 to 9 p.m. for this special event celebrating the history of the 1969 Woodstock Music Festival. Plus, you definitely won’t want to miss the Hippie Costume Contest!
- Tuesday, August 6– Neighborhoods throughout the city of Woodstock are invited to join the 30th Annual National Night Out crime and drug prevention event. From 6 to 9 p.m. at The Park at City Center (101 Arnold Mill Road) residents and local police will gather for fun and education in an effort to heighten crime prevention awareness, generate support for local anti-crime programs, strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships and send a message to criminals to let them know that our neighborhood is organized.
If you want a beautiful new home closer to all of the year-round events and entertainment that the city of Woodstock has to offer, we invite you to explore our new homes in Cherokee County at Oakhurst. Our beautiful craftsman-style homes in Atlanta are under construction now in a variety of exciting floor plans priced from the high $200,000s, and community amenities will include a grand clubhouse, junior Olympic pool and playground. To learn more or schedule an appointment, please call Lorrie Collie at 770-853-1088.