Reports to: Purchasing and Estimating Administrator
The primary responsibility of Purchasing Coordinator is to facilitate and coordinate material and labor takeoffs for select product types in an estimating database, while maintaining corresponding pricing bid sheets for the cost management software. Secondly, coordinating new plan prototypes and plan revisions in estimating database with Vice President of Procurement. Finally, monitoring new job starts and all activities related to the accuracy of the assembly detail with Corporate Purchasing Coordinators.
Key Results Area
- Principal Duties/Responsibilities:
- Ability to develop bid sheets by plan series and spec levels as they relate to estimating, purchase orders, budgets, and job cost.
- Ability to coordinate the cost management process as it relates to estimating, budgeting and purchase orders.
- Analyze quantity takeoffs and unit costs for all house cost activities for verification.
- Assist in the bidding and contracting process.
- Assist in creating contractor bid packages for communities.
- Provide material and cost information.
- Review and monitor assembly detail reports and resolve inconsistencies.
- Review and monitor plans in the cost management software to insure they are current and accurate with the Estimating Database.
- Process purchase order and credit memos for vendors
Technical and Physical Requirements:
- Technical Requirements
- Understand house plan drawings and specifications
- Understand unit costing and quantity estimating of construction materials
- Bachelor degree in business or 2 years residential construction experience in estimating or purchasing
- General knowledge of all construction related activities involved with the construction of a home
- Experience with cost management software and estimating software
- Demonstrates strategic thinking, problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Ability to solve problems and can handle decision-making
- Possess excellent organization skills and planning
- Ability to work independently and multitask
- Physical Requirements
- Ability to read blue prints and do “take-offs” is a plus
- Carry or move objects without assistance as boxes or paper and/or office supplies and drawings weighing up to 40 lbs