At their latest meeting, Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed spoke to members of the Greater Atlanta Home Builders Association on the state of the market for Atlanta new homes. His overall message was a positive one, saying that Atlanta is positioning itself in a place where it can continue to grow. Here’s a look at some of his key points:
- Despite the current economic situation, the city has grown their cash revenues, balanced two budgets and are paying down debts without raising taxes.
- The city has hired several hundred police officers in the last few years to assure the safety of citizens and visitors.
- They have reformed the permitting process to make it smoother and much quicker.
- The old Atlanta Development Authority has been renamed to Invest Atlanta to reflect current times.
- The city’s overall main goal is to make Atlanta the number one place to start a business.
If you’re as encouraged by these statements as we are, be sure to check out the fabulous communities of homes located in the heart of the city. We have Fulton County real estate for sale in Atlanta at Dupont Commons, Eight on Carroll and The Commons at Historic Westside. Each offers beautiful townhomes and single family homes from as low as the high $100,000s. Plus, many of the communities offer down payment assistance programs. For more information, please visit the Brock Built website or give us a call at 404-351-7555.