As an environmentally conscious Atlanta home builder, we are constantly looking for more ways to promote protecting the environment. Unfortunately, while the holidays may be a time of joy, the lasting effect on the environment can be a little less merry. Here are a few ways you can make your post-holiday season a little greener:
- Recycle all shipping boxes and gift packaging, or save them to reuse later.
- Save your favorite Christmas cards and turn them into gift tags for next year.
- If you have lights that need replacing, take advantage of post-Christmas clearance sales to purchase LED lights for next year.
- Make way for all of your new gifts by donating items you no longer use to charity. Or, consider donating those gifts that you aren’t going to use.
- If you’re getting rid of electronics, be sure to drop them off a local e-cycling business.
- Recycle your Christmas tree.
If you’re looking for somewhere to recycle your tree near our Woodstock GA homes, the City of Woodstock invites you and your family to drop yours off at Olde Rope Mill Park through mid-January. The City will feed your tree through their chipper, and then after the start of the new year, residents are invited to come back to the park to “dip” into the free mulch that has been created. In addition, Keep Georgia Beautiful will be handing out free tree seedlings to park visitors on Saturday, January 4 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Olde Rope Mill Park is located just a few minutes away from our new Oakhurst community. These Cherokee County homes are all built to our GreenSmart standards, and they offer other desirable interior and exterior features such as maple kitchen cabinets, granite counters, GE stainless steel appliances, marble countertops in the master bathroom and professionally design landscapes. Homes are under construction and available for pre-sale now with pricing starting from the mid $200,000s. Plus, residents enjoy a fantastic community amenities package and desirable location near downtown Woodstock. Give Lorrie Collie a call at 770-853-1088 to schedule a tour of this community or to learn more.