Dahlia Aitova, our community agent for our Atlanta homes for sale at West Highlands was recently honored by the Greater Atlanta HBA’s Sales and Marketing Council with a Top Rung Award for first quarter 2013 for selling more than $2 million worth of homes during that time period. In honor of her success, we choose her as our first agent to interview in our new agent spotlight series.
- How/why did you get into a career in real estate? I started my career in real estate when I purchased my own house 10 years ago. Born and raised in Russia, I moved to U.S. when I was just 20 years old. I came from a country where Socialism was the way of life, and all real estate and everything else was owned by government, including the flats, homes and apartments that people lived in. In order to make any changes in your own place of residence, even miniscule things like hanging a shelf, you needed an approval from local municipalities. The dream of owning your own home was only a big and unrealistic dream for my parents. Needless to say, when I purchased my townhouse, my Dad asked me at that time: Who gave you $150,000? I did not really know how to answer this question, so I said, this is why this is a country of dreams – just having a credit score of 800 gave me a place that I can call home for the rest of my life. It was such an overwhelming experience, but also one of price and joy. I wanted to give this experience to other people, so that they could feel as happy/excited/overjoyed as I felt at that time.
- Why did you choose to work with Brock Built Homes? I have worked for multiple builders, but because Brock Built Homes, LLC is a family business that has a lot of pride in their product, strong family values and integrity, they stood out to me. Needless to say, these homes are built so well that it makes them really easy to sell. We are often called in the real estate world a boutique builder, which is appropriate. I love that my boss Steve Brock is a visionary; he is one of the pioneer builders that goes into the places that other builders did not want to touch, and creates communities and homes that become the most sought after addresses in Atlanta.
- Give us a brief description of the community you are currently working in. West Highlands has the perfect in-town location very close to Howell Mill Road and the West Midtown area, which is developing rapidly. There are so many great restaurants and shops in West Midtown now, and we are also very close to Buckhead, Midtown, Atlantic Station and Downtown Atlanta! Entertainment venues like Phillips Arena, The Georgia Dome, The Fox Theatre, the Georgia Aquarium, World of Coke and the High Museum of Art are all minutes away. And, we can’t forget about the future Westside Park, which the city is building within walking distance to West Highlands. Being from Europe, I hate driving, so having everything nearby makes this community perfect for me. West Highlands is uniquely comprised of single family homes, townhomes, senior housing, apartments and a charter school. Some of the many amenities include a large park adorned by a lake, picnic areas, a playground, planned retail space and an amphitheater.
- How have you seen the market change over the past few months? There has been a significant increase in interest for new construction homes. The market has really picked up.
- What advice do you have for potential buyers? It is a dream to own real estate for 98 percent of the world. So, now is the perfect time to take advantage of this privilege thanks to lower interest rates and great opportunities.
Congratulations to Dahlia on her award! Be sure to visit her and our Fulton County real estate at 1593 Habershal Road. For more information, give Dahlia a call at 404-974-4880.