Summer vacation is almost over and those back to school days are here. We hope that your summer has been full of family fun and peaceful, relaxing days! As the season winds down, it’s time for Atlanta families with students to focus on preparing for the upcoming first day of back to school. There are many ways to prepare from establishing morning routines, shopping ahead for school supplies, or planning easy to cook meals for those extra busy afternoons and evenings. Of course, moving into a new construction home that meets the growing needs of your family is certainly another great way to support and strengthen them for years to come.
Back to School Tips
If you’re just settling in after a summer move now is time to get organized and prepare for the new school year. To avoid mornings where you and your kids are scrambling to get out the door or evenings when your time is short, we’re going to give you a few tips to help you prepare.
- Plan to leave for work earlier because of back to school traffic. This one is easy to forget during the first few weeks of school, especially if you don’t have kids yet.
- Don’t miss those back to school shopping deals. Remember to check with your child’s school for any specific item requirements.
- Establish a daily routine for school mornings. This will help get the students in your family out of the house and off to class much quicker and easier.
- Know your child’s bus routes so you can plan their schedule and yours.
- Establish a dedicated area for homework to create minimal distractions.
- Prepare healthy lunches the night before to make mornings more efficient.
- If your kids are involved in after-school activities, try planning some easy-to-cook meals to enjoy when they get home. Less stressful for you and them.
Quality Floorplans Help
Making sure your home has quality space for your child’s homework is important when looking for a new home. By including features such as additional rooms, spacious floor plans, and multiple levels you can create dedicated space for your child’s homework and downtime.
Convenient Area Amenities
There’s nothing that compares to a new home in a convenient location. We build our homes to give you ample access to local shopping, restaurants, entertainment options, green parks, and hiking trails nearby. Having access to a variety of area amenities such as these means you and your family will easily be able to share and spend quality time together after school, on evenings, and weekends.
Ready to Move-In
If you’ve been searching for a well-built home with great value in Atlanta, Marietta, Norcross, and Woodstock then we have move-in ready homes available. Intown home buyers should definitely tour the opportunities available now in Westside Station, one of our newest communities on the Westside of Atlanta. As the upcoming school year arrives, we certainly wish you and your family the best 2017-18 school year.